Recreational Vehicles or RVs are as American as apple pie. Many Americans own one and enjoy traveling throughout the country with it. Modern RVs are very comfortable and have many convenient features such as a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and living room with television. An RV can be considered a moving hotel, allowing the person using them to travel to many interesting areas and sleeping with great comfort.
We have prepared a guide to help you navigate the process of renting and driving an RV in America. In order to enjoy the beauties of the United States and embark on unforgettable road trips it is important that you apply for your ESTA visa before traveling. An ESTA authorization can be obtained quickly online by applying from the comfort of your computer, tablet or smart phone.
- 1. Prepare an Itinerary. Sometimes people forget that the United States is the fourthlargest country on earth and plan an unrealistic trip that will take longer than they anticipate or cost a fortune. Select a region of the country you would like to explore such as California, the Western state parks, New England, Florida, Texas, etc. and plan your trip in that area.
- 2. Find an RV rental location. There are many RV rental locations in all major cities.Go to Google and select one that has good reviews and good prices.
- 3. Pick the right RV size. If you are traveling with a family of four make sure that thereis enough space for all of you, if not you will start feeling claustrophobic and will notenjoy your trip.
- 4. Find RV parking locations before you take off. RVs cannot park anywhere giventheir size. If you plan to sleep in your RV you should have a list of the places youplan to park in before departing.
- 5. Find places with electricity connections. Remember that your RV will needelectricity in order for the kitchen, air conditioner and other items to function. If you do not want to use the expensive generator you will be provided it is important to find parking places where you overnight that have electricity connections.
- 6. Toilet maintenance. When you rent your RV you will receive instructions on how tocare for the toilet and when to empty it, etc. It’s important that you follow theseinstructions carefully because you don’t want your trip being affected by amalfunctioning toilet!
- 7. Go off the beaten track. The reason you rented an RV was to get away from thecities and highways to see a real part of America you don’t typically see. Takeadvantage of your RV and visit America’s beautiful state parks and other naturalscenic places.
- 8. Take a bike. Taking a bicycle with you will allow you to explore areas of the naturalparks or other interesting locations you visit that the RV will not be able to visit.
Discovering America with an RV is one of the most authentic and rewarding ways of getting to know the country. An RV will allow you to go everywhere in the comfort of your own “hotel on wheels.” By following some of the tips above you will be able to enjoy a worthwhile trip that you’ll remember for many years to come.